Steps will ensure less damage time to your AC
Air Conditioning Maintenance
When your AC gets ruined, it seems like the end of the world, especially on a hot day. The AC repair guy takes forever to come and fix it and heat just takes over. Well an interesting fact is that if your AC broke, it can actually be unsafe for you. For business owners who need a commercial chiller machine, which are those large AC that are used for sending cool air to buildings, restaurants and more. They need to avoid any break downs or having the need to call an AC repair guy to come fix anything. Because every second wasted is very critical to their business. Therefore it is always best to do these check-ups from time to time to make sure everything is smooth. Following these steps will ensure less damage time to your AC.
- The heads on the chiller unit can be dropped.
- Always make sure that the tubes are clean. Because if they are not fully clean then the heat inside of it cannot be transferred correctly and may cause over-heating at one point.
- It is always best to check on your AC while it’s off and while it’s running. This will help you examine if anything is not like it always is. Try to take a few oil samples to see if it needs to be changed.
- Another type of sample that should be taken is refrigerant. Since this is what is holding your AC together. Always make sure that the amount is correctly so you can have a long life AC else damage may occur to the unit.
- Eddy Testing: it is said in many AC services that Eddy Current testing is the best way to test out the AC. All that needs to be done is to make sure there is electromagnetic stimulation. The best part is that no harm or dangerous explosives will occur during this test. It is simply just to examine the AC and make sure everything is running smooth.
- Water is a very important aspect in AC, and at times it needs to be removed. Water can get moldy once in the same area for a long time. Therefore it is best to check that out and remove/replace when needed.
- At times an owner can get confused if the AC was working better or worse than it was yesterday. At times he/she might even imagine that the AC is better after fixing when it usually is not. Therefore, it is best to keep everything documented to compare with other days.
- When winter time comes, the AC tends to have frost bites at times. To avoid this, try to lower the cool air so it is not too cold. Keep in mind that the outside is cool as well, so they will be exporting cold air. Thus it is better to reduce the temperature.
True Cool AC are experts in utilizing the latest technology for your heating and cooling needs. For more information call or visit Air Conditioning Maintenance.
Air Conditioning Maintenance - Air Quality Testing
One thing that is common in springtime is how quickly the air warms up quickly, and what that signifies is that there is the likelihood that more allergens will be present in the air. Every homeowner and business ought to take extra precaution this season and ensure the air quality in their home is clean and healthy.
We sat down with Richard Ciresi, the owner of Aire Serv, to garner some insights in regards to air quality testing in businesses and homes;
What should be the frequency of an air quality test?
The frequency of testing is dependent on the diagnosis of the initial testing carried out. As an example, if a particular home initially tested for a high volume of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) count, it is advised to carry out a retest every 3 months (90 days) until the issue is rectified. As soon as the issue is resolved, the subsequent test can be carried out annually. If initial diagnostics shows no issue, then testing can be done every three years.
What is the common pollutant found from the test?
Particulate matter such as pollen, dust and so on are the most common pollutants followed by excessive VOC level.
How can a home or business owner ensure the best air quality during seasonal changes?
Using controlled and filtered ventilation is the best choice. Most folks open their windows during spring to allow "fresh air in." The problem with this is that the air is usually riddled with mold spores and dust. As soon as these pollutants gain access to your home, there is every tendency that they will grow under the perfect environment. Pay proper attention to both outdoor conditions as well as indoor conditions before you choose to ventilate with outdoor air.
What easy and pocket-friendly way can one prevent poor quality air at home or office?
The first step is to carry out a test. This will ensure you know what you are trying to eliminate. One can incorporate a high-quality filtration system to help in different kind of situations.
What suggestions do you have for improving air quality in the home or office?
Carry out your AC repair Miami on time, inspect and change your filters as at when due. Utilize low VOC cleaning compounds. You can also limit the use of candles and air fresheners.
True Cool AC are experts in utilizing the latest technology for air quality improvement. For more information call or visit Air Conditioning Repair.
Air Conditioning Maintenance - Home tests for indoor air quality
Having clean indoor air is always essential for any household, most especially when any member of the family has specific allergies. The first step to improving air quality is to carry out a test to know the problem you are currently facing. While there are professionals that can carry out an extensive testing process for you, you can make use of effective home test kits to garner up initial findings.
The following are ways via which you can run tests on the air quality of your home;
Testing for mold
Molds are commonly found in several places. The common indicators of their presence include a musty odor which means that mold spores are taking harborage on a damp surface. Their presence can incite asthma and allergies. The good news is that with the right air quality testing kit, you can find out if you have mold in your home.
The common breeding ground for mold growth includes ductwork or HVAC air filter. You can carry out the test in the following way;
- Use a rinse solution to dampen a sterile sponge and gently wipe a part of your duct vent or air filter.
- The sponge should be placed inside a rinse container. Add more rinse solution over it.
- Thoroughly shake the container and turn over the contents inside a sample cup
- Compare the color of the solution with that of the color chart provided to see if there is mold present in your filter or duct vent
Testing for Radon
Radon is colorless and odorless, and that makes it very deadly. It is known to be one of the leading causes of lung cancer in non-smokers the world today. It comes as a result of the breakdown of uranium underneath your home. An at-home air quality test kit can help you test the levels of radon in your home.
You can carry out a short-term test that takes less than seven days to produce the required results. It is a straightforward process. Set aside the test container and allow it to sit for a few days. After, you can seal it up and send it over to the lab for analysis.
On the other hand, a long-term test will provide more accurate results, but the testing period can take up to a year. This gives a more thorough result than the short-term analysis.
Testing for VOCs
Volatile Organic Compounds are usually emitted from several household items on a daily basis. Some homes have materials and items that have excessive levels of benzene, styrene, formaldehyde and other forms of toxic VOCs. Continuous exposure to these compounds can lead to mild headaches, to severe cancer.
There are home testing kits that can determine the presence of VOCs in your home. The analysis usually takes up to 24 hours, and you can send the findings to the lab to determine the results of the level of VOCs in your home.
The advantages of professional air quality testing
While carrying a home air quality test yourself is great, you will still require a professional air quality testing to ensure all the proper checks are carried out and no stone is left unturned. A professional will be able to assist you to read the test results, and also help you determine if you require an AC repair Miami, or other forms of repair or replacement with your HVAC system.
True Cool AC are experts in utilizing the latest technology for air quality testing. For more information call or visit Air Conditioning Repair.